October 30, 2012
Here is what we know for a fact about the attack on the US Consulate on Sept. 11, 2012:
1. There was no demonstration beforehand.
2. There was a live internet feed to the White House situation room, showing the attack from beginning to end.
3. The consular officials sent repeated emails and other communications asking for help; the State Department, the CIA and the White House had full knowledge of the nature and progress of the attack from beginning to end.
4. The attack lasted for seven hours.
5. There were military forces in Italy and elsewhere that could have put boots on the ground within two hours.
6. There were jets that could have provided pinpoint air support to suppress enemy fire within 20 minutes' flying time.
7. There were trained US Navy Seals and other combat-capable persons within walking distance of the US Consulate, who were issued direct orders to stand down and not aid the Americans who were under attack.
8. Two of those Seals disobeyed that order, and died defending the consulate: Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty.
9. US Ambassador Chris Stevens and Foreign Service information officer Sean Smith were killed in the attack.
10. American consuls and embassies are, by international law and treaties, American soil, and we do not need permission from the local government or the cooperation of allies to have the right to defend them with all necessary force.
11. Only one person has the authority to authorize sending additional military forces in such a situation: the president of the United States.
The Three Lies of Obama
1. The attack on the consulate grew out of a spontaneous demonstration provoked by an American-made anti-Muslim video.
2. Obama's administration is conducting a thorough investigation of the incident, and will report on it fully ... after the election.
3. Obama is providing Congress and the American people with all the information that he now has.
The truth about those lies:
The White House, the State Department, the CIA and the Defense Department all knew, very early in the fighting, that it was a well-planned, well-armed terrorist attack, and that it was probably being carried out by a group that is linked to or part of al Qaeda.
There was never a single moment when anyone in the administration believed that the Libya attack had any link with the video.
Whatever the investigators are investigating, there is no need for them to ask who is responsible for the decision not to send military support to the Americans who were trying to defend themselves from an unprovoked attack by declared enemies of the United States.
Here are the only possible scenarios for that decision, in descending order of likelihood:
President Obama was kept fully informed, and issued the order for American military forces to do nothing – including the former Navy Seals who were within minutes of the scene.
President Obama was not informed, or could not be reached for a decision, or simply did not make a decision during the hours of the attack, and therefore the orders to stand down came from underlings who dared not let any military action proceed in the absence of a decision from the president.
The Obama administration does not expect to inform him of such events, does not wait for his decision, and instead someone else made the decisions that led to the Obama administration's failure to defend Americans who were under attack, and issued those orders in Obama's name.
One of these scenarios is true, or close to the truth. In every case, complete responsibility for the decision still rests with President Barack Obama.
President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta are now, and were at the time of the attack, in possession of all 11 facts listed above. They could have released all the information at the time of the attack and any time thereafter.
When Obama says that he is giving and has given the American people and the Congress all the information he has, as soon as he gets it, he is not "mistaken" or "misspeaking" or "spinning." He is lying.
Why Isn't This Story on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC?
The official excuse is that because there's an ongoing investigation, it's inappropriate to comment. After all, until there's evidence it's not a story. Especially in the last week before an election, it is wrong to run with a story that would damage one of the candidates, unless you're absolutely sure of the facts.
This excuse is an obvious lie.
Every one of these news outlets gave heavy coverage to Harry Reid's accusation of Mitt Romney on August 2, 2012, in which he claimed, with no evidence whatsoever, that Romney had manipulated his tax returns so as to pay no taxes at all for the previous 10 years.
This claim turned out to be completely false, but it was known even at the time that Reid had no evidence for his claim.
It was also obvious that this claim would damage a presidential candidate.
Yet every one of these news organizations gave wide coverage to Reid's accusation, because the accusation itself was an important story.
So any claim that these news organizations refuse to rush to judgment on a story because of lack of evidence, or because it would unduly influence an election, is obviously false. They have no such standard; it was invented solely to protect President Obama.
From this moment on, these television programs have forfeited any right to be called "news organizations," or that they protect "the public's right to know." They clearly believe that the public only has the right to know things that will lead them to vote for the candidate that these organizations prefer, and that any information that would lead them to oppose that candidate should be suppressed.
The nicest word for what this proves them to be is "publicists for the administration."
Now they are hoping that the big storm hitting the East Coast will provide a smokescreen behind which they can hide while continuing to suppress information about Obama's dishonorable actions and his subsequent lies.
The only television network that is giving these facts the kind of coverage they deserve is Fox News; therefore Fox News has emerged as the only remaining news organization on television.
I urge you to go on the internet and view the following sequences:
Here is Jeanine Pirro's opening on her show Justice with Judge Jeanine of Oct. 27: http://sn.im/jeaninepirroopening
. (Full URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-e71IDAUw
The words that matter most in the following sequence on the same show are "culpable negligence": http://sn.im/culpablenegligence
(Full URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8lHz_7R_Y
In this clip, ignore Ann Coulter; what matters are the words of pollster Pat Caddell, one of the few remaining Democrats who still believes, as I do, in honor, and in the responsibility of the media to tell the truth: http://sn.im/caddellhonor
(Full URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsz5iZX9Db4
Why Did Obama Behave So Dishonorably?
The motive for the lying is obvious: If Obama's dishonorable and disgusting decisions were openly admitted, even with an apology, it would be almost impossible for any person who takes the presidency seriously to vote for Obama to continue to retain that office....continued on page 2